sabato 14 novembre 2015

Blowin in the wind

Yesterday it has been a very special day for my family. A first time kind of day. My youngest doughter went to her first live concert ( Nightwish in Espoo, Finland). She is only 11, but she has loved Nightwish for some years now. My husband and I have been probably more excited than her and kept texting '' Is she happy ?'' all the time they were gone. At home me and the four siblings left had an evening of junk snacks, pizza and movies waiting for daddy and sister to come back and tell the tale.
They came back around 1:30 am, happy and excited, sporting a new t-shirt and booklet.
Before collapsing in bed my husband checked his e-mail and got a glimpse of the news. Came in bed with a puzzled look '' Something very serious is happening in Paris ''.
This morning I got up earlier than everybody else as usual, but instead of crocheting or drawing I switched on my computer ( breaking my own rule of no computer during the day ). I read about Paris. I read about people going to a concert, to a football match ... and I didn't read but KNEW about families left home, partying and waiting eating pizza to hear the exciting evening of their loved ones. My heart skipped few beats thinking that Paris could have been Espoo, or Rome, where the rest of my family lives. And then came the prayers, and the questions. How can a human being do such things ? What will happen now ?... My family started to wake up, we started talking, grieving the death of our fellow human beings, and then went on with our day. And like most of our days with a deep sense of un-ease I witnessed to the fights, lack of patience, lack of compassion, lack of empathy that happen daily in my family. And I felt guilty. And humbled. I am wondering how a human being can commit such atrocities and all of a sudden I realize that so often we treat even those who we love the most in such bad way. I let anger rule, I feed my greed, I don't show enough care or love for my own family. So it came to my mind my french teacher in high school. She never did any strike or demostration. She was teased for this reason. But she kept saying that her way to protest was doing her job and living her life the best she could. At that time I thought that she was too lazy or afraid and I have fattened the group of the teaser. But today I got a grip of the real meaning of her words. Peace comes from every single peaceful action we do in our days. A better world can come out only if we build it a brick at a time. Love can spread only if WE love and spread the love around. Pointing finger to each other, hating each other, let anger rule ... those are the seeds of evil. To honour the death of yesterday's victims I want to live my life better, love more, be more patient, be mindful and caring.

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind...

(Bob Dylan) 


4 commenti:

  1. What has happened (again) is a tragedy...

    RispondiElimina
  2. I think people lack not only love but discipline as well. And respect to one another.
    This problem is as old as the world, I am sure. It's just that we live in a very informational era and all we hear or read shocks us big. If we lived in the times of crucades, Tamerlan and barbarians, or the recent Holocaust, we probably wouldn't know this much :-/
    What I mean is that more love we give to our dear families, the better because those murderers surely were children once and probably their parents didn't bother to teach them love and pity.
    Flavia, you see my poem of a comment :-) you do such good blogging and spreading positivity online and not only, I am sure.

    Have a lovely day with your beautiful family!!!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you for your comment and your kind words. Yep, I agree, the only thing we can do is love our family and trying to set a good example about love and compassion for our children.
      Have a good week-end !

      Elimina

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts with me.
I'll try to answer as soon as possible ! :)