giovedì 19 febbraio 2015

Work in Progress : crocheted bag

You might rememer I got myself a special gift for my birthday back in january, this Attic 24 chunky rainbow pack. At the beginning I just wanted to follow the original pattern intended for that pack but somewhere along the way ideas started popping in my mind so I first changed the edging and then I decided to add a nice and resistent cotton lining to the bag, to make it more durable and suitable for everyday use. Today, when I started to cut the lining I decided to add some pockets on the inside too, to store the cell phone, pencils and a bigger pocket for all that little stuff that a mama always keep in her bag ( you know, few candies, small toys, little shiny stones ... ). To top all of this, since I still don't have a functional corner for my sewing machine and I didn't want nor to wait or drag the machine back and forth from the craft\school room to the kitchen table, I decided to hand sew the lining and the pockets. I actually LOVE handsewing, few years ago I sewed skirts for me and dresses and trousers for my children and curtains all by hand, I find it relaxing and meditative. So I just cut the fabric and started sewing. I could finish the first pocket, the one for keeping the cell phone. I'm pretty satisfied of the outcome and can't wait to continue. Here a few pictures from today...





 It fits !!! And coffee is helping me  ;)


Here a detail of the pocket, I'm very happy of the way it looks !


And of course James has been there with me all the time, providing entretainement, love and laughs while sewing. Here he was jumping from the stroller wheel to the floor and kept asking me
 'take a pic of me while I jump ! '
I love him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 commenti:

  1. You're doing some nice job! I love making crochet bags too. Attic 24 is a blog I visit very often, full of colour and joy. Have a nice day!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you ! I love making bags as well, in every way ! Attic24 is wonderful, I get great inspiration from it. Have a nice weekend !

      Elimina

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts with me.
I'll try to answer as soon as possible ! :)