sabato 24 gennaio 2015

Nature Journal

Here the last two entries in my nature journal. I don't have the time to update it every day, but I try to paint\draw at least once or twice a week. It is such a lovely and nice habit. Now it's almost one year that I'm more consistently work on nature journaling and mostly on ONE nature journal ( I used to paint here and there always waiting to 'get better' before starting on a real journal ... sometime we can be our worst enemies isn't it ? ) and when I am about to start a new paint I love to flip the pages for a while and read here and there. Read about the nature, about its course, temperatures, rain and snow, darkness and light and the way it looked the world around in a certain moment. And all of this hardly ever going out of the house or away from the garden. As Clare Walker Leslie says in her Keeping a nature journal , nature can be found everywhere, you just need to look out from the window ... or in the vase on your table ;)





 Here the flowers that my husband and children bought for me on my birthday 



This is the big tree ( sorry I'm not good at recognizing the trees, I'm learning ) between our garden and the neighour's one. This monring was chilly, at - 7, but the sky was blue and the sun was shining. The east side of the tree ( trunk, branches ... ) were golden because of the sun, while the west side in the shade was still frozen, with a thin layer of white frost icing it. It was an incredible sight. Now forever in my journal :)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts with me.
I'll try to answer as soon as possible ! :)